Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thought out Thursdays..

"I came to the conclusion that most of these cats is featherweight, let me demonstrate".. Now that my top 10 album's list is done, you guys may have a better perspective on what I'm into or what inspires me.It's crazy too because I love so many more albums and 10 is a small number when there's so much out. I also am inspired by other music genres other than Hip Hop/ Rap whatever you want to call it. To make light of my introductory quote, I meant that a lot of garbage is out so I find myself going to those other types of music for inspiration. I posted on my www.facebook.com/planetaryaotp page, an example I won't dwell on that but check it when you get a second. I just mentioned to my brother in law that my favorite Pandora station is Sade's. I just can't get inspired as much by today's Hip Hop like I want. Sometimes, just not as often. Why is it? I'm not sure exactly. One thing I do know is the sound of today's rap isn't as timeless as it was in the late 80's and 90's. The Golden Era was a time that will never be replaced or topped. I still like new shit as well, obviously, it's just different. Not as much substance in the lyrics, not as much effort in the production. Those things we, as Outerspace, thrive on making sure we keep alive. I come across a lot of really good music , other than rap. Old and new that take me where I need to be, to write, or just get through my every day shit.A father of 4 with three in baseball, is a tough gig, and only thing that helps me is music. I was told I only listen to hip hop because of my list because my homie Dan wasn't familiar with Capital Pun, because of his heavy Rock period he was going through at the time. So now he's purchased Capital Pun and is revisiting and I'm waiting to hear what he thinks. I actually listen to a lot of other shit. Hip Hop for me is my passion and livelihood, it is #1 for me. I often throw Sade in my whip, or Maxwell, or even Morgan Heritage, just to name a few. Every true mc , i know do the same. Sometimes rap becomes too much and your ears need a rest. That being said, enjoy this .Big up to my Holland connect SLY for putting me on to Morgan Heritage, I've been hooked since.

No comments:

Post a Comment