Thursday, May 5, 2011

Top 10 Hip Hop albums of all time #4

Photobucket "Back in the days when I was a teenager, before I had status and before I had a pager. you could find the Abstract listening to Hip Hop, Pops used to say it reminded him of Be-Bop" A lot of people say Midnight Marauders is their best album , but like I said, I base this list on my personal favorites, and experiences with these albums. When I saw We've Got the Jazz w/Buggin' Out video, and The Scenario , I was in another world. The flow of Q-Tip was smooth and his lyrics were sharp but delivered with no force or attitude. It spoke for itself in a way. Phife was the wild cat , he topped off the duo well, he never messed a song up for me but Tip was the forefront obviously. The production was flawless on here throughout.I might have ran this album into the hole more than any album ever. I still know every word to every song, and still think of the good times with the crew rockin' this album on the big speakers. Then the collab with Brand Nubian, was basically a lesson you can still learn from today. I mean, anyone from this era knows the impact Native Tongues put on the game. I feel this is their strongest album to date. Q-Tip was definitely my favorite mc for a while. Enjoy the masterpiece below, this song is definitely in my top joints ever too, that's coming next, and that's going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment