Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Top 10 Hip Hop Albums of All Time #6

Photobucket "Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is" REST IN PEACE GURU...Now, if you follow Outerspace you know damn well how we feel about Gang Starr. We did a tribute mixtape with @DjSat1 (follow on Twitter) which had a great response. Shortly after, Guru passed away. What can I say about Hard to Earn? Well, let's just say without this album the puzzle of Hip Hop would be incomplete. Just the production alone is absolutely, another level, that STILL has not been surpassed or overshadowed. You cant have beats like Code of the Streets , Tonz O Gunz , Now You're Mine, and Dwyck and not consider this one of the best albums Hip Hop has offered. Obviously, fully produced by Dj Premier you can expect nothing less. This album, literally bonded me and my homies as kids, young teenagers whatever. We recited this front to back on the daily, nightly, weekly, and whatever else you want to add.Suckas need Bodyguards? I mean, need I say more? seriously. I will though. Gang Starr is , to me, the best DJ/MC combo to ever do it. All classic albums. From No More Mr. Nice Guy, Step in the Arena, Take it Personal, to Hard to Earn , the quality remained flawless. It's a shame we won't have a chance to hear this combination again.. RIP Guru. Enjoy the classic video, let it motivate you..

No comments:

Post a Comment