Monday, May 9, 2011

Top 10 Hip Hop albums of all time #3

Photobucket I know what y'all going to say.. This is racially biased. Haha joke's on you. Fortunately, this album happens to be incredible. Now, being Puerto Rock was very very very inspirational to me, I won't lie but it didnt matter what he was when it came to his lyrical ability. He put words together like no one ever has. He had that fast, syllable for syllable flow that was amazing. He put the best cats around on his album and burnt everybody. From Black Thought, Inspectah Deck, Prodigy, Wyclef, and more. He may have the heaviest impact on my motivation to make this a career more than anybody because of his race, and the lack of Puerto Ricans making a presence in hip hop through rhyming. That number was way too low for mc's. He came out and shocked the world and helped people like me across the world. This assured us we can make money off rap, and /or be accepted by the masses. His favorite mc was mine. Kool G. Rap. He was a New York , platinum cat that recognized the dopeness of Black Thought. That was big for me. I was on my Philly shit hard then.I often argue his talent and how it's down played a little. People say "yeah he was dope" and that's wrong. He was fuckin' incredible. He was better than everybody at that point. His rhymes were mind boggling how they were put together, and his album was hard body. He kept comin with the raw shit immediately after his commercial joint which , in all honestly was fun, and still had respect from the hip hop heads. He killed that too. He was just another level at that point. No one was spittin with that hunger and that ability at the moment. I think the only person who played this album more than me was King Syze and MAYBE Vinnie. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment