Monday, May 2, 2011

Top 10 Hip Hop Albums of All Time #7

Photobucket 9-11-2001 , a huge day in the history books for our country huh? Ironically so , Bin Laden was announced dead yesterday and this is my #7. Same day as our country's biggest disaster, HOV released one of my favorite albums of all time. Jay-Z , to me, is thee best rapper in the world right now, and will retire as the G.O.A.T. He is the most consistent, point blank, period. Again, this is my personal favorites , and opinions. I don't do these to debate. This album production wise, lyric wise, and creatively is a hands down classic. There is not a bad song on here despite the heavy radio play. The songs were dope and still are. He managed to body Nas, and Prodigy. Have the balls to put Eminem on Renegade knowing Em would get the upperhand and still satisfy the hardcore street fans and lace a classic with M.O.P. Jay, to me is the perfect role model for up and comin rappers. He makes timeless albums, and remains respected by all genres, races, cultures,and whatever you can think of. Sometimes I hear people say they dont like an album but to me, in 5 years they will understand it. He's always ahead of the time in music, he's in. 2001 was important for me, we had just released our first vinyl and landed a situation to stay with future releases. And Hip Hop to me was on a down slide. This was a breath of fresh air. We needed this album, and he knew it. This was the comeback. The sign that it's never gonna leave us for good.I'm sure people will disagree and say he's mainstream and use that to hate this opinion, but Jay will BODY most rappers in the game right now. He made a classic, and I memorized every song within a week. Thats the sign and how I determined this list. What Cd's did I absolutely run into the hole? What albums do i have every song memorized ? if you cant pick your favorite song on a cd, its probably in your top list. I can't explain more how much this album made an impact on everything. This was released on 9/11 the day it happened and still did its expected first week numbers. There's a reason for that. No one else would have accomplished that in Rap. No one. Skip the ad

No comments:

Post a Comment